Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Headphones At Once

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 d3k0y

d3k0y

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Just a quick question: Is it possible to plug in two pairs of headphones and have them both output the same audio? I use onboard sound and have an audio jack in back, and on that connect to the front. They both work fine separately but when I plug headphones into both, audio only comes out of one (the first one plugged in). Can I change it so that audio comes out of both? Thanks a lot. And its the same audio...I dont want two sound cards that output different audio.

d3k0y :thumbsup:
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?'"

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici..."

"Not much really" - Sidis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

You can do this using a Y-splitter cable such as:

http://www.amazon.com/3-5MM-Stereo-Y-cable...s/dp/B000ECSIDK

The volume available in each headphone will be reduced to some degree - how noticeable will depend on how much power the sound chip in your system has available.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users