Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sansa Mp3 Player Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MN2006

MN2006

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

I have the Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB mp3 player. I like it but I have had some issues with it that pop up every now and than. Well for some reason, today when I was listening to it, I noticed that quite a few songs have disapeared, like you start to play them and instead of playing, it brings you right back to the start up place. And when I got home and hooked it up to my computer, the songs didn't show up so they are not on there apparently. I use Rhapsody since thats the partner deal with Sansa. I deleted all of the other songs to do it all over again. But it still shows 1.1 GB being used. I looked in the folders through the my computer-sansa options and there is not music listed. I unhooked it and turned it on and I went in the pictures, video, music and channels thing and they all are empty.

I went in the My Computer and Sandisk e260R link there and looked in the Music folder, a EMF Creative Services folder and a www.Tommy2.net folder is there, I'm not sure what they are, there wre other folders of the artists I had on there but i deleted those already. I left these cuz I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be on there or not. There isnt' anything in them but an empty folder. The photo folder is empty as well as the picture, record and playlist folders. The tmp and video ones are empty. I went into the system folder and clicked on the artist folder and it just seems to be text documents of reviews of artists, I"m thinking it either came with the player or it got on there somehow. Could that be what is taking up space? Should I delete those?

I was having trouble with Rhapsody not working right for a while so I used Windows media player to transfer music once, the songs didn't show up and I think I deleted them but I'm not sure now. Could that be the problem, taking up the space? Is there a way that I can get them off and how do I find them if thats the problem? I went on Windows Media Player and looked but it will not show a list of songs on the player, just says that its empty or waiting to be synced. My two brother's have a smaller one of this and thiers works fine with WMP. This one must not be made for it. Or I'm doing something wrong. does anyone know much about this that could help me figure this out? Thank you.

Edited by MN2006, 16 February 2008 - 11:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MN2006

MN2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Is there something that could be on there or is it supposed to be filled partly with the other stuff that comes with it like the video folder, and picture folder and the rest? I guess is it suppsed to have some space filled, even with the songs deleted? If there are hiden files on there, how can I get to them? Is this something I should take to Besty Buy where I bought it from and see if they can help me? There are all these files with reviews of the artists of the songs that came on hte mp3 player when I bought it, should I try to erase them and see if thats what is making the difference?

#3 MN2006

MN2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

Ok, i do have more info. Rhapsody is not working properly again. I had ripped a cd into it and now when I turned it on, the songs were gone. the library was empty so something is going on. Sometimes when I am trying to start it up it will look like its loading and than come up with the "could not come up with the program, send or don't send deal and than shut down. Is rhapsody just not that reliable or is it just my computer not getting along with it? This happens quite a bit. Maybe this is what is messing up my mp3 player?
But I hooked my player up to the computer again and I went into the player, into the system folder and music and there was music in there again. I never put that music in there so somehow its transfering music into it without me knowing. I deleted it and have more space now. except 95.8 mb is still used up. I have some folders and some files dated back to 1980 on there though that I have questions about if they are supposed to be there or not. The folders when I click on them say I can't open them cuz the file has moved or deleted or need to be connected to the internet, which I am on my computer. And they are also empty. But the folders have a number or a letter for their name. There are these file things that have weird symbols that I can't put up here because I do not know how, they are like foreigh language symbols or symbols, like ! < or letters for their names. This is in the music folder under the system folder. Do any of you have a player like this and know if this is supposed to be on there? I don't want to erase it if its supposed to be on it. I was just trying to find out what is taking up space.

Hopefully I fixed all my misspelling. :thumbsup:

Edited by MN2006, 19 February 2008 - 10:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users