Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Upgrade Memory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n0data

n0data

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

As I've mentioned in earlier topics, I purchased faulty RAM for my newly built computer last week. Today I finally got the chance to take it back. What he gave me back was the same brand/model but with different specs. I had: Dual Channel 667MHz OCZ Bronze, or copper, or something like that. He Gave : OCZ Bronze, Copper, I don't know, Dual Channel 800MHz Vista Upgrade Memory. Basically my question is what is vista upgrade memory, and is it better or worse than the RAM I had before?

Thanks,
n0data

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

Without reading the detailed specs. it's sounds like Sales hype

"OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 / 800MHz / Vista Upgrade Edition

The new PC2-6400 Vista Upgrade edition is optimized for perfect compatibility for those transitioning from Microsoft Windows® XP to Vista™. The OCZ Vista Upgrade series has gone through stringent testing with the full spectrum of Vista versions to deliver a perfect balance of memory performance and stability across the full range of applications.

For gamers shifting to Vista and who prefer the performance of high speed memory, the PC2-6400 Vista Upgrade 2GB kit is the ultimate upgrade from 1GB of RAM ensuring the best possible gaming and productivity on Vista systems."
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 n0data

n0data
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Ahh figures. I was worried I got ripped off again, it's a really shifty store, no seals on any packages.

Thank you!
n0data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users