Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boot Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Koye_*

Guest_Koye_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hello..I am running WinXP+2 on a Dell Dimention E310. I can't get my PC to fully boot when I turn it on. :thumbsup:

For approximately the past week to ten days, when I turn on my PC, it will only boot (taskbar) to "Safely Remove Hardware"--The Volume Icon--and sometimes the pair of PCs "Internet Connection". When these load the PC freezes and I have to turn it off. I have shut it down, unplugged the power source, replugged, tried to reboot. I've also tried unplugging the whole unit from the wall power source and trying to get it to boot. Sometimes it takes me 3-4 tries before I can get it to boot fully.

I use Symantec Systemworks Premier 2006 and Symantec Personal Firewall 2006. I just renewed my yearly updates for this year. This is the only software I have installed recently.

Since the PC is in my bedroom, I can't sleep with it running all night. I turn it on in the morning at 7-8am and off
at 11-12. It's driving me nuttier than I already am! :flowers: Thanks for the help..hope I've explained this okay. I'm new to the forum. Ms Koye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Can't sleep with a PC running? What about all the fun with the thing pinging all night long? :thumbsup:

Seriously, try booting into Safe Mode by pressing F8 repeatedly just before Windows starts to load.

Once in, try checking the Event Viewer for details around the times of the lockups. To do this, go to Start...Run...and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the System and Application log files to view the events there. Let us know of any errors that you find and we can work with them.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users