Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spy-boot Search & Destroy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Alen Delatorre

David Alen Delatorre

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ive used Spy-boot Search & Destroy for as long as I can remember. I bought a new Dell DimensionE521 approxi. one year ago. Why I didn't see first if there was a spy-boot Search & Destroy compatable with the new Vista OS. Big mistake. My new Dell PC started doing or not doing thing it was suposto to do. When I tried to use mt systems restory half way through the systems restory run it would stop & error message would tell me a message reading this program couldnt be read. Your file & settings have not been changed. Everything is the same. Please try again later. I did try again later, 2, 3 times only to get the same results. When I tried to delete a contact in my Windows Mail Windows Mail would shut is self down and re-boot itself. 20, 30 times this happen when I tried to delete a contact. Alot of other things were acting crazy with my new Dell PC. Then one day I came across this posting in; Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums by one Richard Urban which told me using Spy-boot Search & Destroy with his Vista OS had changed files in his registry over the months he used Spy-boot that at the end of it all caused his PC to start acting up. He went on to state that Spy-boot was created back many years ago for Windows 95. For some reason, only God knows, Spy-boot worked with Windows Vista, BUT, it caused hidden problems we couldnt see till later down the road. Read and see Mr. Urbans posting in Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums by Richard Urban, page 201 titled ***SOLVED***. Well I had to wipe my new Dell PC clean & start all over again the same as Richard Urban did. Be aware to always check first to see if the program you want to down load to your PC is first compatable with the OS you R using at the time. I will save you alot of head ache's. Gene Martinez, Los Angeles, California (For some reason I wasn't able to do a spelling check. Would some check this for me before posting0 Thank U

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 16 February 2008 - 09:12 PM.

[size=7][b][i] David D.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bigben1

bigben1

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

I've had no issues with Spybot and Vista.....works great i use it all time :thumbsup:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Spybot S&D Supported operating systems
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif