Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:13 AM
I run a small business with a server and three client computers. The server runs Windows 2003 Small Business Server and the three clients run Windows XP Professional.
I have used both Norton and McAffe anti-virus software systems and haven't really been entirely happy with either. My primary concerns have been:
- how slow the rest of the computer runs whilst completing a virus search,
- the "junk binning" of vast amounts of perfectly viable emails,
- the request for permission to access almost every single website I visit, EVEN AFTER I have allowed it to previously,
I'm currently looking for a new alternative to these programs, although I'd still like to know if you'd recommend staying with either Norton or McAffe. Things in particular that I really need the software to provide are as follows:
- a very good firewall
- spyware and malware protection and deletion
- ability to access server and client computers via Remote Desktop, PC Anywhere etc.
- less restrictive or more "customisable" email protection controls
I don't need and Parental Controls and cost isn't really a factor.
Any help is much appreciated in terms of which programs allow all of this, and any opinions on the best one for the job.