Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus Software For Small Business

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hewey

hewey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:13 AM

I run a small business with a server and three client computers. The server runs Windows 2003 Small Business Server and the three clients run Windows XP Professional.

I have used both Norton and McAffe anti-virus software systems and haven't really been entirely happy with either. My primary concerns have been:

- how slow the rest of the computer runs whilst completing a virus search,
- the "junk binning" of vast amounts of perfectly viable emails,
- the request for permission to access almost every single website I visit, EVEN AFTER I have allowed it to previously,

I'm currently looking for a new alternative to these programs, although I'd still like to know if you'd recommend staying with either Norton or McAffe. Things in particular that I really need the software to provide are as follows:

- a very good firewall
- spyware and malware protection and deletion
- ability to access server and client computers via Remote Desktop, PC Anywhere etc.
- less restrictive or more "customisable" email protection controls

I don't need and Parental Controls and cost isn't really a factor.

Any help is much appreciated in terms of which programs allow all of this, and any opinions on the best one for the job.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users