Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Javascript Run Website Design Sofware

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 holytoaster4

holytoaster4

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

I have been putting together my website(s) very unstably. I'm constantly changing computers and places. I'm looking for a good html editor or whatever. I could use wordpad but it would be much better if i had a few automated commands to use to put things in. I'm just unable to remeber long strands of coding and don't wish to put them in.
TOASTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Hey holytoaster4! :flowers:

Dreamweaver, now known as Adobe Dreamweaver, is the standard when it comes to WYSIWYG-HTML editors. Though it might be out of your budget. There are others and I found a list in wikipedia.

WYSIWYG-HTML Editors Wiki

There is also BestAddress HTML Editor, which is relatively inexpensive at $45.

From what I've read with BestAddress and from what I know with Dreamweaver, you can try them for 30 days before you buy.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

i edited my post but the changes never were made for some reason.

i am actually looking for a javascript or maybe flash run html editor one that i can find on the web and use from anywhere and on top of that a free one i know that may be a little much to ask but it is the interent.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:16 AM

It sounds like you want a Content Management System of some sort. There are plenty of them around. I use Wordpress quite a bit and it's quite good (and free!)

#5 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:00 AM

I hope I found things you might be looking for. They are web-based WYSIWYG-HTML editors that are free.
*This one said on the website that there might be a few more updates to fix some bugs I guess were reported by users, but that the developer was focusing on a commercial web-based editor for the most part. Though it was rated high (8.67/10) on a website I found these on.

If you'd like to look at the site where I found these, you are more than welcome to look for others yourself: htmlArea

Some are free while others are not.

Good luck and I hope I added to the help!
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#6 Wysi Free

Wysi Free

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

i am actually looking for a javascript or maybe flash run html editor one that i can find on the web and use from anywhere and on top of that a free one i know that may be a little much to ask but it is the interent.

My nomination for a free web authoring application Is KompoZer. KompoZer is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) HTML editor that is free, open source software. I'm a complete idiot but learned to use it and have recommended it to all for over a year. KompoZer also has a nice CSS editor to take care of using stylesheets to format your content.

As far as something resident on the web I can't even envision how to use that. My fix is to get KompoZer Portable, put it on a thumb drive and take that machine to machine. Along with portable Firefox and a couple of others I am fully mobile.

Wysi
:thumbsup:

#7 holytoaster4

holytoaster4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:57 AM

thanks for your help on this. wysi, thats not what i asked for, but it is a good alternative :thumbsup: everybody else seemed a little confused maybe i didn't explain well enough. i didn't know that they made a kompoZer portable i'll get right on downloading that. oh well thanks for helping me solve my problem.

Edited by holytoaster4, 03 March 2008 - 02:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users