Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AdAware and Spybot conflict

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:26 AM

This never happened before....I ran AdAware and checked all the critical and negligable objects. Spybot put up a notice that there was a global entry deletion. I figured if AdAware did it it must be good so I checked "remember this decision" and I OK"d it. I don't know how to rectify it now. When I right-click the icon for Spybot in the notification area the part that says "run Spybot Search and Destroy" is just grey and I can't activate it. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall or is there another way. Thanks for your help......daaaa.....I have trouble understanding all of the information on all of these things. :thumbsup:
Oh, by the way....Spybot was running everytime I logged on...and I prefer to run it whenever I want. I didn't know how to change that either. Thanks again.
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

I am a bit confused. Your saying ad-aware blocked spybot from running? Kinda funny in a strange way...

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:27 PM

Check your quarantine list.
It may be there.

Open Ad-aware.
Right above Check for updates now you'll see Open quarantine list, click it.
See if it's listed in there.
If so, right click it, and select Restore Selected
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

I'm sorry if I didn't explain well enough. Basically what happened was that something was deleted with AdAware and the SpyBot put up a notification on a value deleted from a global entry (I think it was) I clicked on remember this decision and OK'd it. Then I couldn't get the Spybot screen to come up from the icon in the notification area (It was greyed out and I couldn't click it to come on.) I couldn't activate it from the start menu either.
I decided to uninstall Spybot and reinstall it...and it is working fine now...but I've messed up before with it because they don't explain what you are agreeing to.
Thanks for your input though.
noonytunes

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

Next time it happpens, paste the message you get in as a topic here and I will explain what it all means

#6 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

Thanks a bunch, Grinler!
Posted Image

Edited by noonytunes, 15 March 2005 - 10:57 AM.

noonytunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users