Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnected Gaming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

Ok I'm sure you are all somewhat familiar with me complaining, but this forum has a great response time so I thought I would bug you guys again. My problem is this, My computer is connected to a Netgear wgr614 router, for general web browsing and downloading it works fine. My signal strength is excellent and everything appears fine. However, When I play online games it will disconnect me only after about 15 min. Every single online game I have played since I got the thing up and running disconnects at almost exactly 15min (In WC3 there is a timer and I have timed it in other games). I think this is odd and it makes no sense. Do I need to open ports or something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

How is your router setup?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

Heres some info I don't know exactly what you mean by how is it setup
Router Status

Account Name WGR614v6
Firmware Version V1.0.6_1.0.5

Internet Port
MAC Address 00:13:6C:00:2F:55
IP Address 70.202.110.82
DHCP DHCPClient
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.254.0
Domain Name Server

LAN Port
MAC Address 00:19:6C:00:2F:54
IP Address 192.168.1.1
DHCP ON
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Wireless Port
Name (SSID) Outer Heaven
Region United States
Channel 11
Mode Auto
Wireless AP ON
Broadcast Name ON

Let me know if theres anything else, I am not very familiar with wireless routers and networks but I'll do my best. I'm confident you guys can help me with this issues. Thanks

Edited by ShinAkuma, 16 February 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#4 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

No one has any input huh

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

You may want to post this over in the Games forum - there's likely to be someone there with experience on this issue: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/20/computer-gaming/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Compuliterate

Compuliterate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

If you are using wireless to hook up to your console system than it could very well be 1 of two things in my opinion.

1. Wireless ip lease time setting.
2. Bad connectivity to your Wireless router.

However, one thing that I found with Netgear Wireless routers (and other cheap routers) is often they have problems with multiple computers connecting and with good signal strength. You may want to hook up direct with a wire and see if it helps, if it doesn't then it may have to do with you lease time setting instead.

Hope that helps
A Turn A Tot I fix a lot. Buy my computer today and I will never swear again.

Oh and it is Computer and Literate combined, not Computer and Illiterate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users