Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A.doginhispen, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chii

Chii

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Well, I have an issue, for several days to a week, a.doginhispen (and his companions) have been showing up in my history.
I've read around and seen 2 different types of instructions to remove these trojans.
1 more issue, due to my age, what's on my computer and so on, I want to avoid using any instructions that involve booting into Safe Mode at one point, and I would like help ASAP, and to get these trojans off my computer ASAP as well.
I also, since I use a computer of my own, don't want my father finding out whatsoever (long story~) so I want to do this myself.
My computer has not crashed for over 2 years, and I'd like to keep it that way, so, I put my trust in those who are willing to help me out.
And if all works well, I want to be able to say I fixed something without my dad's help (rather, the help of others)
SoPlease. Help a girl out? :3

This has been worrying me the past few days, and I'm afraid of what the outcome could be if I let this go on any longer, so, I'd like to be relieved before falling asleep at night.
I also took the precaution of backing up everything I want saved to a USB, just incase.
I know where and how I got the trojans, just from reading up on them, and now I know what to avoid.

Help ASAP would be very much appreciated! < 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi; some basic information about the machine would be useful to start with ; which windows version is it, what antivirus protection is on it, and other protection programs; when did you last fully update and run them? How does the computer connect to the internet?

are you involved in MSN ing and /or P2P filesharing downloading?

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

Hello Chii and welcome to BC :flowers:

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

This is a particularly complex infection to remove, and it has been known to return. The Trojan replaces many legitimate program files with a copy of itself in the original folder and moves the legitimate program's file into a 'bak' folder created by the malware. The files in the original folders are the bad ones and running at each startup. This means when the program affected is run, what is actually running is the malware. You may or may not be infected so lets check.

Download FindAWF.exe by noahdfear and save to your desktop.
  • Double-click on FindAWF.exe to start.
  • If a "Security Alert" shows, allow the program to run.
  • A command prompt will open and ask you to "Press any key to continue...".
  • You will be presented with a Menu.
  • Press 1 then 'Enter' to scan for bak folders
  • When complete, it will open a text file in notepad called AWF.txt which will automatically be saved to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the awf.txt file in your next reply.
Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users