Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Cant Get Rid Of - Ultimatedefender -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 kedean23

kedean23

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Ultimate defender installs virus on my computer then runs fake windows virus prompt
then installs itself without permission then runs a scan without permission and tells me to
pay money to get rid of the virus it put there in the first place.

* Two undeletable icons on the desktop (Help and Support Center, Windows Update)
* Thousands of files with name from pos000.tmp to posFFF.tmp in C:\ or 'My Documents'
* popup messages about system unstable, instruction errors, dll missing, ...
* A 99% usage, unkillable process (displayed name 'windows')"

i need help ive tried lots of virus programs to get rid of this
i couldnt gt rid of it in safe mode either

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

How To Remove Ultimate Defender

Edited by JDM2, 15 February 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#3 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

Please use the link above.

#4 kedean23

kedean23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

oh sorry i didnt know there was already a topic on it.

#5 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

oh sorry i didnt know there was already a topic on it.

No problem. I am guilty of the same thing in the past too. :thumbsup:

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

Your hijackthis log is posted here.

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck with your log.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users