Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

News Junkies Unite!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 billpocz

billpocz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Ok,

I have been blamed for being a news junkie and I was wondering if I was alone with this addiction...

First thing in the morning I read the Drudge Report and Fox News, both onlline.

Later in the morning, I go to Neal Boortz's Web site for very stimulating thoughts on a variety of topics.

Then, mostly back to Drudge and Fox during the day...

Thanks!

Bill
'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chayisun

chayisun

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Yep...Me, too. I check out Drudge and then our local newspapers for news....Unfortunately pretty depressing, though....Then it's off to check sports and see what Roger Clements is doing, now.... :thumbsup:

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

http://www.globe.com
http://slashdot.org/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

I used to be one. "Headline News" was on nearly 24/7, I never missed the local papers, and the worse the news was, the better.

I'm not a junkie now, though. I guess that misery in other people's lives somehow served to lessen the misery in my own. But once I learned that my misery was of my own making, and took the steps necessary to correct that, my interest in the news plummeted. I'll glance at the top stories on the WMUR site every day or two, but that's about as far as my interest in the "news" goes, today.

#5 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

I'm on digg all the time avoid mainstream media for a few reasons and dont even start me on Fox.

#6 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

well i don't hold anything off american news channels, but that's probably because i am spoiled by bbc and the german government channels and their excellent news shows. i watch the morning news about two times (they are aired half hourly between 5 and 9 am) and when i am at work and have my break, i check different international news sites too. i don't like slash dot, proly not geek enough :flowers: .

-edit- i used to read all sorts of other pages and a lot of rss feeds, when gotten home at night. i have reduced that though. with internet, its just a tad of an information overflow. i tend to buy weekly magazines like "die zeit" or "der spiegel" too, as it gives me more time :thumbsup: and its more like focussing on the important / major topics. additionally it gives me no time rush and sometimes i read it over a fortnight and just skip one release. its not about how much news you read, its about reading news after all and being aware of the main issues / happenings. just mho.

Edited by Yourhighness, 16 February 2008 - 12:53 PM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users