Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With A.doginhispen B.skitodayplease 88.80.7.66

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 notenbooms

notenbooms

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

Good morning,

I need to enlist some help with my problem, at some point last week a problem started with my computer. from the little research that I have completed myself, I seem to have a trojan download. a.doginhispen b.skitodayplease and 88.80.7.66. from what I have found out so far, it seems that every fix is specific to the computer that is infected. altough I am computer literate, this is a little over my head. I hope some one can assist me getting rid of this.

Also, is any private information leaving my computer at this point? and where could I have picked up the trojan download.

thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 notenbooms

notenbooms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

sorry a quick follow up question, I have a wireless network, can this problem travel? I just checked my daughters laptop and she seems to have the same problem?!

#3 notenbooms

notenbooms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

Little disappointed that no one came to my resque, Of course like all other computer obsessed people I continued to look for an answer. I am Happy to report a "free" solution to this problem. I downloaded a trial version of AVG MALWARE. It worked I am now Dog?ski/and 88.80 free.

for others like me out there try it, I think you will be happily surprised. AVG caught 14 trojans related to this virus. For the people helping others, suggest it.

I do have a question regarding this Trojan. What did this program do while it was on my computer? did it sent out any of my information?

Thanks for your attention.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Well we're also sorry. we try to get to all as fast as possible. But we are all volunteers and it has been real busy here.
But thanks for posting back your solution as it may help another. That's what BC is really about. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 notenbooms

notenbooms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

had a change to view my third post, oops I apologize for sounding so unappreciative. I realize that all you folks are volunteers, I and all the other nimwits that screw up their computer thank you.

my final question, was my computer at risk during this infection. I would love some incite from one of you fine people.

my apologies.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

Basically it just an annoyance and adware server. Not an Infostealer.
DogInHisPen can make surfing the web with Internet Explorer impossible. First you’ll see DogInHisPen.com or 88.80.7.66 in your web browsing history, and then DogInHisPen slows down your PC with ads and makes your system unstable. DogInHisPen may be a clone of SkiTodayPlease trojan. Like SkiTodayPlease, you may have gotten from peer-to-peer sites, video codecs, or gaming downloads.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users