Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeniseM

DeniseM

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

Hi,
My computer was running along fine now all of a sudden things are slow. Starting up is slower than usual and when I try to load aol it is taking 10 minutes to load the welcome page. It also takes that long to switch screen names. While doing so it freezes everything else on my computer. I've tried running my clean manager, defragmenting, reloading aol, cleaning up all my internet cookies ect. Can you please advise me where to go from here? Thanks,
Denise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

might suggest firstly to try a System Restore

do you still have Norton antivirus installed?

what other protection programs are on there and when did you last update and fully run them?

Hae you got all your Windows updates installed?

How do you connect to the internet ? :thumbsup:

#3 DeniseM

DeniseM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:10 AM

Hello,
Thanks so much for your response. I do not know how to do a system restore now that my computer has been switched from xp to windows 2000. Could you explain how to do that?
I do not have nortons but I use AVG free edition daily and run cleanup almost daily as well as delete all my cookies. I have allowed all the windows updates to run to current date. I use the internet while I am signed onto aol, usually by google or aol search.

thanks for your time :thumbsup:
Denise

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

it could be the AOL page itself that is slowing you up? I gather it has a stack of ads on it? from a thread on another site I recall someone having similar 'problems'

I wonder if you NEED to load the AOL 'page' ?

how do you connect to the internet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users