Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

REALLY NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pimpomatica

pimpomatica

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:30 AM

1st of all my internet explorer has been hijack, 2nd i got so many errors. i cant even onpen up my computer and any applications.

on my comp WINDOWS explorer recieves an error then DR. Watson recieves an error on top of that one then my comp keeps repeating the same bleep and some of my antivirus stuff have errors to only thing that works is mozilla and wmp help me out
i run on xp
my mom said see gonna wipe the drive clean (backing up some stuff to) is that a good idea. starting off clean again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 03:55 AM

There's no point in backing up your data if it's infected with a virus as your more than likely going to get reinfected when you put the data back.

You need to clean the PC first, then back your data up.

Download some free AV cleaning tools on a uninfected PC, you can use RescueME for that. Burn them to CD, on your PC hit F8 just after the bios posts this will bring you up a menu which will allow you to go into safe mode. More instructions here on safe mode. Copy the contents of the CD to your hdd, and run the virus removal tools.

I'd run at least 2 different scanners on your PC as your more likely to remove all the virus's on your system.

Download HijackThis after you have cleaned your PC and run the software and just save the log (don't do anything else), then post the log here somebody will analyse if for you and confirm whether your PC is clean or not, if it isn't they will tell you how to finish the cleaning process.

Edited by stidyup, 11 March 2005 - 03:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users