Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Installation Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wish2learn

wish2learn

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Wacom Intuos3 tablet which came with a 'software bundle' disc.
Each of the products came with its own serial numbers, and Photoshop Elements installed without any problem.

My problem is with Corel Painter Essentials. I once had some Corel Painter on trial, and this seems to have jinxed everything. CP advise to first remove the trail version and I did this. But somehow 'it' remembers it was once there and so each time I try to install from the disc provided, I get 'this serial number is invalid'.

I have been in contact with the vendor, who has been reassured by Corel that the serial is perfectly valid and now I have been advised to seek help on the forums.
Wacom haven't been much help either.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:17 AM

But somehow 'it' remembers it was once there and so each time I try to install from the disc provided, I get 'this serial number is invalid'.

Do you install CP from the "software bundle" disc? If not, then uninstall CP from your computer and reinstall it with the file in your disc. I think the serial is only for the version in the disc.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users