EDIT: My Computer is a HP a1640n. Here's a link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product...ng=en&cc=us
1. Computer worked fine for a year with Vid Card installed unitl just recently - after moving apartments.
2. Computer turns on / Vid Card turns on / Vid Card Fan turns on - No picture on Monitor.
3. After removing video card, and switching to on-board graphics - Monitor picture returns.
4. Confirmed video card is still working on alternate PC.
5. Installed alternate video card to main PC - Lose the monitor picture again.
Is it possible for an expansion slot to be broken on its own? Is there any way to fix this problem without having to replace the motherboard?
Edited by erikdjs, 15 February 2008 - 04:26 AM.