Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Configure Color Quality To 32 Bits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kasrwy

kasrwy

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

here goes.. i have a windows xp proffecional edition, an intel 82815 graphics controller, and a pentium 3 sony laptop with 128 mb of ram. i cannot change the color quality to 32 bits using the display properties (from the control panel). i googled the problem and read that downloading the driver may help so i did, it was version 6.13.01.3196. when i ran it and restarted the screen was too small, so i went through the small icon on my tray that appeared post-setup and changed the display mode to change the colors to true colors 1024 by 768 the highest there was yet i still can't change the colors to 32 bits (by can't i mean the option of 32 bits isn't even there not just grayed out and unsellectable) :thumbsup: . hope that's enough info.
thnx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

Hi, my first question would be where did you download the driver from? We will need to establish if it was the correct driver. Can you post back the model name and number of your laptop.
If you are not sure what the model and name number is go to this site and post the results http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Edited by Monty007, 14 February 2008 - 09:15 PM.

MCP
MSDST

#3 kasrwy

kasrwy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

this is link copied from the search i made on google ( downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=922 )
as for the laptop it's a sony PCG-FX340.
ps: i downloaded both the drivers in the aformentioned website but i only ran the first one (the exe file not the zipped)
hope this helps.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/inte...b/CS-009145.htm

that's all she'll do is the 16 bit color

since your are probably running xp at or close to the minimum hardware configuration I would add ram if I could find it cheap enough and optimize windows, especially advanced performance settings for the display
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users