I was referred to this forum by Old Timer who reviewed my hijackthis and WinPFind3u logs and said both look clear.
Almost overnight, my recently formatted laptop (Latitude D610 1.86centrino/1024mb) has just crashed in speed, wireless connectivity, etc.
The problems that I have include the following:
- When I first start Windows XP pro SP2 everything freezes for a minute or so, and then everything runs pretty smooth. Often windows security center will flash a warning balloon after the freeze ends that Virus scanning is disabled. Generally by the time I open the security center McAfee is back up and working.
- When trying to do a system scan in McAfee (Enterprise 8.5), it hangs scanning C:/windows/system32/mqrt.dll
- When I try to scan with Adware, it also hangs when scanning within the system32 folder, often the system32/microsoft folder.
- When trying to scan, I will sometimes get a warning message that my physical network adapter is disabled. Sometimes I have to restart to get things working again.
- When the computer is up and running, it will sometimes freeze up with the same symptoms as during a restart. It takes a few minutes to recover.
What I have done is:
- Reinstalled McAfee and updated it.
- Reinstalled Adware
- Cleared all temp files and temp internet, etc. both with windows tools and ATF cleaner.
- Run Stinger and other scan tools suggested on the hijackthis forum.
- Posted this thread which was reviewed by Old Timer:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129845/unknown-virus-cant-scan-with-mcafee-or-adware-mqrtdll-to-blame/
Thank you for any help you can provide me.