Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows error, need to update driver?.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitesugar

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:35 PM

Dear readers,
I'm your typical online gamer, so when I noticed something wrong after trying to open up R.O.S.E. Online (roseon.com) I decided to ask for assistance here.

Well, R.O.S.E. Online has a patcher (an .exe) that updates the game with all the new content they implement -- it is a MMORPG after all. About two weeks ago I had no problem playing it, all ran smoothly, the graphics were in tip top shape, etc. All went well until I took an extended break away from gaming and focused on research.
Anyways, today I went to open it and sat here as it patched as usual.
It ran, at first, correctly like it should of. But then I was greeted with a blue screen error.

VWIN32 (05) + 000012D0 Error : 0E : 0028 C02A44A8

I shrugged and thought it could of been the other programs I was running (instant messangers, etc). So I closed everything down and tried again. Same problem. So I restarted the computer, and tried again. Same problem. I decided to kick up my spyware/adware/malware/trojan/etc programs and ran the usual session that most people do. One or two adwares were found, but nothing bigger. Until I used a-square 2. It located two trojans and two viruses in my Sun/Java folder (I had installed java for mozilla firefox a week back). Quickly I made sure to do away with them and all seemed well for two more days or so.
Until I decided I'd like to play R.O.S.E. Online again. So, I repeated the proccess. Opening it up after closing all programs down, trying to let it patch, only to get the same exact blue screen error.
I thought it was the program, so I uninstalled. Then reinstalled. Tried again, got the same problem. So I deleted it entirely and downloaded a fresh copy off the site. Same. Problem.

I noticed my driver seemed old, and ultimately my question is.. Should I update it? How do I do that? Not the wisest with drivers here.

Driver: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX driver with Tv Outlet (Dell)
Platform: Windows ME

I looked around and couldn't find anything on the nvidia.com site, just things like GeForce 6 (without the MX?). I was cautious to download that in fear of screwing it up, so.. that's why I'm here. :thumbsup:
.. This driver was roughly installed November 2001? So I imagine it's pretty outdated. But should I be doing this?.

Thank you for your responce(s). I appreciate it.

Edited by Whitesugar, 10 March 2005 - 09:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,431 posts
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

Do you happen to have mailwasher on your computer by any chance? or coppernic?

Try this driver:

#3 Jamfrequency1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:50 AM

I also have an NVidia GeForce 2 MX/400. I've had this AGP card for five years and no problems. I install new drivers every 6 months or so and my card runs fine. The drivers for your card are listed under Universal Detonator Drivers on the NVidia site . a lot of chatters talk about how they hate the detonator drivers and and are always dowloading programs to delete them from their systems because they are sticky drivers that are hard to clean from your system if you upgrade to newer and faster cards however, I think they run the Geforce series of cards well and if you don't plan to upgrade anytime soon to a faster 128-bit card than the detonator series drivers are fine. Just make sure you change the driver using 'automatic search for a better driver' in the
display properties/advanced/adapter/change tabs to make sure the new adapter gets used after download. They won't automatically switch to the new driver after download. Only manually!! Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users