Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A New Graphics Card.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaypee

kaypee

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi. This makes me sad. I have a P4 3.4 ghz, 2 gigs of ram, and a 128 mb ati radeon 9800 pro. Not much today, but I'm playing a full screen game called Gunz Online. I use the lowest possible resolution, even a special config, and in 6 and 8 man games I get rediculous fps. My computer should be destroying this game. I also use my 60" big screen TV to play. I've tried an infinite amount of settings. Here is the recommended hardware list: GeForce 4 MX or faster, 800 mhz p3 or greater, and 512 mb of ram. I DONT GET WHY I GET FPS. It's incredible! My only alternative is to try a new graphics card. I'm in the market for one now, and I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for. Is my computer PCI express compatable? AGP? Heh. It's a dell dimension xps gen 2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

Clean out your computer. Your card should be fine. Its probably your software, not hardware. It doesn't seem like that your card needs an upgrade....

Also, try and update drivers, and get full updates. It should not be anything with your hardware that you need to change. It looks like i should be able to play that thing on this ancient 2.0ghz with intel integrated graphics.

What exactly is your problem? It won't run? You get horrible screen framerates?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

ping the server? you're on fast broadband?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

okay, after a while of annoying trying to get the confirmation email sent to my inbox, i got on and played. I can play it with good framerates with a P4 2.0, intel integrated graphics, and a 256+128mb sticks of RAM. Its some trivial thing with your computer thats giving you bad framerates, because i'm still on like 800x600 setting, which isn't too bad. Thats not even including the other background programs that are running alongside that.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users