Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which One Of These

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 repairman

repairman

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

I went to the W3C website to learn the other types of langauages, but there are so many others that I do not know which one to do next. I'm just about done with a course that I'm taking through another site, which is HTML, but what do I take next.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

I am currently learning HTML as well and trying out CSS for styling the pages and making some nice designs. I am a beginner myself so can't tell you much about it!

Why not try CSS?

P.S. You will agree with me, I guess, that being done with the HTML tutorial does not mean you have mastered the language. Maybe you could spend a little more time practising...

#3 repairman

repairman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

I also need to tell you is that I also took a course in Dreamweaver 8, and I used the HTML to see if there was anything that dreamweaver did not cover. I will also check out the CSS.

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

How was the Dreamweaver course? Was it an online course? And was it a paid one?

If you haven't already seen, check this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129794/aptana-nvu-or-kompozer/ where a member was advising me on why it is better to stick to the HTML coding and only using programs such as Dreamweaver after mastering coding HTML using simple text editors like Notepad.

Hope it helps.

#5 repairman

repairman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:10 AM

The course was fun, it did teach you the different kinds of layouts. It was a paid course through Penn Foster.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

but what do I take next.

What do you want to do next? More web pages? Web applications, stand-alone applications? There are dozens of threads here and in the programming section that may help you decide what to do next.

#7 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

i think the next thing you need to master is .php, runs with .html but makes the site more interactive

#8 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

If I were you, I'd try PHP. And, as groovicus says, decide what you need to do to understand what's next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users