Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Sure What Trojan Im Infected With, But Have A Screen Shot Of It

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unreal2005

unreal2005

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:20 PM

Im not sure what virus/trojans im infected with but I scanned my computer with Kaspersky and I thought I had gotten rid of them all, but something that I saw in my task manager is most likely a trojan and came back. It's called "netmon.exe", and I got a screen shot of what I found when I scanned my computer.

Posted Image

Im pretty knowledgeable about computers, but when it comes to mal-ware and trojans, im don't know squat, so im here to seek help so that I can get rid of them before I get some personal info stolen.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

Courtesy of Bleeping Computer, here is info on netmon.exe:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/n...n.exe-3645.html

Edited by JDM2, 13 February 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#3 unreal2005

unreal2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

^Thanks for the info, but is there any specific way of getting rid of it? I scanned my computer again with Kaspersky and this time it didn't pick it up.

Is there anyone who can help me get my computer cleaned up? Because it seems like an anti-virus isn't gonna do the trick.

#4 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

^Thanks for the info, but is there any specific way of getting rid of it? I scanned my computer again with Kaspersky and this time it didn't pick it up.

Is there anyone who can help me get my computer cleaned up? Because it seems like an anti-virus isn't gonna do the trick.

Have you run a SuperAntiSpyware (SAS) scan in Safe Mode? That's what I would do.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

Hello unreal2005 and welcome to BC :flowers:

I was just looking at your Kaspersky log, and you have a number of infections. Virtumonde is one of them. It will take several steps to completely clean your system. To begin, please follow the steps this guide. If you have any questions as you go through it, please ask them as a reply to this thread. When you have completed the guide, please post the Vundo Fix log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users