is a back door server program threat detected by Symantec. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots
are very dangerous
because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read the Danger: Remote Access Trojans
If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should immediately disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately
to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised
. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach.
Although the backdoor Trojan has been identified and may be removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure
. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format?
" and "Reformatting the computer or troubleshooting; which is best?
Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy or that the removal will be successful. If you wish to proceed, please do the following.
Please download OTMoveIt2
by OldTimer and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on OTMoveIt2.exe to launch the program.
- Copy the file(s)/folder(s) paths listed below - highlight everything in the quote box and press CTRL+C or right-click and choose Copy.
- Return to OTMoveIt2, right-click in the open text box labeled "Paste List of Files/Folders to be Moved" (under the light blue bar) and choose Paste.
- Click the red MoveIt! button.
- The list will be processed and the results will be displayed in the right-hand pane.
- Highlight everything in the Results window (under the green bar), press CTRL+C or right-click, choose Copy, right-click again and Paste it in your next reply.
- Click Exit when done.
- A log of the results is automatically created and saved to C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles \mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log <- the date/time the tool was run.
: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot your computer in order to finish the move process. If asked to reboot, choose Yes. If not, reboot anyway.
Caution: Be careful of what you copy and paste with this tool. OTMoveIt is a powerful program, designed to move highly persistent files and folders. Not following the directions as instructed or using incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system.
When done, download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt
. Follow the instructions here for performing a scan in "safe mode".
Post the log in your next reply and let me know how your computer is running.