Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add Or Remove Programs Broken Xp Sp2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gms1

gms1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

I should say Add or Remove Programs was broken. It started with this message when I tried open add/remove from the control pannel. Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close... And this in system Informatiom: 2/1/2008 7:36 PM Application Error Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module appwiz.cpl, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00018b80.

I did the things in the preperation guide. Nothing but some cookies. Microsoft had me try some lame repair that had no effect. I used scannow sfc with my XP SP2 CD and all "seems" well. Add and Remove Programs is back and working fine. I have sent Microsoft a HJT log as they asked but I just don't trust their techs! Would you look at this HJT log to make sure there are no bad guys in there? usasma sent me over here for more help. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

If you have a log to poost, You will need to paste it here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Click on New topic,Paste it in the window,give it a title and click Add Reply
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users