Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.sdbot.detv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cross

Cross

• Banned
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

I scanned my computer with the bitdefender online scanner. It found that I have a virus called Backdoor.Sdbot.DETV. Now i tried to google it and everything and i found out that you get it from ntndis.exe and some other thing. i use to get popups( yesterday) but then i used the registry mechanic licenced version and it cleaned my registry up. i am not sure if I have a virus but i wanna me 100% clean so what should i do to ensure that? :thumbsup:
heres where i found some info: http://research.sunbelt-software.com/threa...threatid=195880
Oh yeah I have windows xp sp2, mcafee security scanner( scanning right now),and i use firefox mostly

Edited by Cross, 13 February 2008 - 05:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Having read that yourself, the same link I would have given you to read, you need to make a decision. Fully Reformat or post a HiJackThis log. Even after running the log and fixes there is still no 100% guarantee that this PC is not compromised or can be trusted to be secure.
Please read these and decide. Perhaps you should post the log and have them confirm the infection.
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
In step #9 there are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log. (This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install HJT in the proper location.)
If HijackThis will not run, try renaming it. Open the HijackThis Folder, right-click on the HijackThis.exe file and rename it Scanner.exe. Double-click on Scanner.exe (which is still HijackThis) and then run your scan.

Reformatting the computer or troubleshooting; determining which is best

When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?

(Thanks to Quietman7 for these links)

Edited by boopme, 13 February 2008 - 10:14 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Cross

Cross
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

I have some pics on the errors i got as soon as i logged in. Oh yeah please note that i have winxp and wanna get the vista style so i might have messed the explorer thing...
Posted Image
Posted Image
im gonna follow the indtructions in a sec

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

I truly feel your only options are the format or posting the HJT Log.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hello Cross I have split your log away to a temporary location. It is here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry743168

Please go there and read the instructions..Also Reply here when when you have done that.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users