Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smartfilter?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anine

Anine

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

my school switched from symantic web security to smartfilter and now non of the old tricks to get past them work. they blocked all porxies and anonomizers. i was wondering if someone could help me if it wasnt to much to ask. i know its probably not the best thing to ask but yea i cant check my e-mail even anymore. thank you for your time.
Rawr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

BC rules clearly states

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.
If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

You can read the entire message board rules here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

If you know "its probably not the best thing to ask" then why ask it?
Your school has the filters in place for a reason.

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

I echo Queen-Evie's words.

Anine I'm not fussing at you. :thumbsup:

I ask you to please respect the restrictions placed on the systems in your school. As a school IT admin myself, those blocks are put into place for many reasons - including some mandated by federal law. Your school has to protect you, your classmates, their networks, and their bandwidth. I'm sorry, but that is the way it is.

Thanks you for your understanding. This topic is now closed.

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users