Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compatibility Issues?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

Hey, i was cleaning out our band-room today (old, old, old junk...) and stumbled upon a goldmine of old and classic games. Among these are the original Monkey Island and Mario Is Missing! games.

Mario Is Missing! is on 5 floppies, and boot up in DOS. The problem is that the first disk isn't recognizing my hard drive. I start to install the program, and i try to type in the file path as "C:\Windows\Mario", but it says "This is not a valid Hard Disk Drive. Please Choose another Hard Disk and Try again".

I also tried using the default path the program wants to use ('C:\Mario') and that still won't work.

The game needs 12 MHz (i think i got that covered...) and DOS 3.3 or above (I'm thinkin XP's Command Prompt will work, since it is basically a re-named DOS). Is it that my box is just too new for the disks to recognize my hard-drive?

What other solutions are there to install the game on my box?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

Try booting your computer into dos mode and see if it recognizes it then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users