Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

burning cd's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerseydevil

jerseydevil

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

Hello,
I use xp and windows media player. Why is it that when I burn cd's, I usually get about half way through and then I get a message that it won't work because the speed is too high? I lower the speed andstill have problems. Many times, songs are only recorded halfway. Sometimes, songs are skipped. I relize this is vauge info, so I guess I am asking for the best method of burning cd's using xp, and any tips that might help. Thanks JD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:29 PM

What application are you using to burn the disks?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:30 PM

What brand of media are you burning to? If you are using cheap CD-R's, try some name brand ones. If that doesn't work, try a different CD writing program. Are you using WMP to burn?
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#4 jerseydevil

jerseydevil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:39 AM

I use sony cds, and i am not sure of what application i use. I use wmp now that my easy cd creator 4 does not work since the xp upgrade. I do this at school alot, and we can not download new software. So, can anyone give specific directions on the optimal method of burning using wmp? thanks JD

Edited by jerseydevil, 11 March 2005 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users