Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me Get Rid Of This Aol Nag Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

I don't want to upgrade to the newer AOL, because whenever I do, it locks up my PC. Question: How do I get this screen - shown below - to stop coming up 6-7 times a day?

Posted Image

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I appreciate everything you guys do here.

Jeff

EDIT: When that screen comes up is the best recommendation to go into my Task Manager to find the process for it? Then use OTMoveit to kill it?

Edited by boopme, 13 February 2008 - 11:44 AM.
{Moved to Appropriate forum~~Boopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:11 AM

Hi JDM2,

Have you tried clicking on the "Click here for more details" button on that screen to see if it offered you more options? or tried turning Active Updates off?

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users