Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

I'd like to thank everyones suggestions for helping me out with a total reinstall of Windows XP Pro and SP 2. I love it, its doing stuff I didn't know it can do. And it's crisp, clear and quick and not flickering and faiding in and out like a ghost. I think the guy I bought the computer from that custom built it (and he's really good at that) all ready had it running for 2 years before I got it. So it must of been up for a reinstall. What a difference. It's great. BUT ONE THING, WHERE DID THE SOUND GO??? I don't get why it didn't install sound on the reinstall. Could someone explain that to me? And more important can someone tell me how to get my sound back??? I checked under device manager and all the drivers are OK. I don't know where else to go? How to get the sound back on after reinstall?
ANYONE? Thanks.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

What kind of soundcard do you have? Are the speakers plugged into the right port? Is the plug all the way in? Do CD's play, or is it just system sound? There may be other software necessary for the soundcard to function. (Although I've got a SoundBlaster Live! and didn't bother to load the supplemental software . . .)

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:49 PM

Do you see an Icon of a speaker in your taskbar (bottom right side near the clock)?

#4 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:33 PM

Hi Guys,

It was a driver not installed that was giving me the problem. The 2nd time I went back to the Device Manager I found what wasn't installed, just a sound driver. So with that installed I'm very happy with the re-installation of my OS and an upgrade to 1.5 mb/sec. from my ISP. It's finally fast enough and Crystal clear, just happy with it. Thanks.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

Ah, good. Glad you got it figured out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users