Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please! Dvd Rw Not Reading Cd Rom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smoke7

smoke7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

I'll try and explain this as simple as possible because its strange in a way. OK basically I have this game (battlefield 2142) and i bought it last year... on my new desktop (which is a Dell Inspiron 531s) and it comes with Vista...SOOOO it installed fine the first time...then i got bored of it...so i un-installed it and then a couple months later i want to play it again....so i go to install it and it doesn't work...so i checked to see if it was badly scratched..it wasn't...i put in other CD's, DVD's, and CD-roms and they run fine...but not battlefield 2142...i go to put it on a laptop with windows XP and it detects it fine.... and installs....sooooo I'm confused on if its Vista, my DVD RW drive, OR the CD-rom...but with anything else it works PERFECT...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

Since other media work fine on your computer, and since the game CD installs on another, the problem probably is caused by an incomplete un-installation of your earlier BF2142 files, especially if you are able to bring up the files on your CD in Windows Explorer ( assumption on my part). Although you didn't say how far you got in the installation process this time, try finding all BF2142 folders on your hard drive and delete them before installing the game again.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 smoke7

smoke7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

Thanks John, but I forgot to mention that i did a complete restore to factory image on my computer...and I don't know if it will install or not because on my laptop which has XP, it installs perfectly...but on Vista it says "Enter CD in DVD/CD- Rom drive"...it doesn't even detect that its a disk in the Drive....thats my problem :thumbsup:

#4 naenae

naenae

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

I had this prob with my vista cmp. I took it to best buy and they just typed in some thing and reinstalled my disk drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users