Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Load Adobe Reader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Graham78

Graham78

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hey surfers,

I have a problem when I try to use Adobe reader (v8.1.1). When I click on a pdf file an error message comes up - "AcroRd32.exe - Unable To Locate Component" - "This application has failed to start because MSVCP80.dll was not found.".

I have tried -

Re-installing Adobe Reader,

Searching for this .dll file and successfully finding it,

Downloading a new copy of said .dll file and replacing the existing one,

Running registry mechanic and the replacing the file once more for good measure.

Unfortunately none of this works. I only use Adobe for reading Heroes graphic novels. As the TV series is highly unlikely to resume until next season it is the only fix I can get however limited. And no it wouldn't help to use the interactive version as my internet connection is terrible to put it mildly.

I have also done a few searches on this forum and found no similar articles. <sigh>

I look forward to hearing any ideas, gday and happy surfin' :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Read this thread http://www.adobeforums.com
I would recommend trying http://www.foxitsoftware.com a nice compact .pdf reader. I don't even use Adobe anymore
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Graham78

Graham78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:45 PM

Thx a lot. The problem is now sorted and I will check out the .pdf reader you suggested to see if I prefer it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users