Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Won't Load Pages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rikilynn

rikilynn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

I am having a problem loading pages in Internet Explorer. They will load fine when I first open a new window, but after a time - 15-30 minutes - when I click on a link or try to refresh I repeatedly get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.
If I open a new window the problem disappears...for another 15-30 minutes. This is getting OLD!!!
I suspect I have some kind of spyware or adware tracking my browsing, but I just ran AVG and deleted 62 items. I hoped the problem would be resolved, but alas, it is not! :thumbsup:
Any help would be appreciated!
Riki

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

Hello this is probably not a malware issue. I am moving this topic to a more appropriate forum for you to receive better servic. Please provide the Operating System and Web browser you are using. This problem has many possibilities and are affected by these.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rikilynn

rikilynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

I have Windows XP SP2 and Internet Explorer 7.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users