Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

videos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:29 PM

ok, i'm gonna post this question once more...but here, cuz i don't think everyone reads the techy sections!

i STILL can't watch videos. i have media player, but we have tried EVERYTHING. quicktime, realplayer, etc. NONE of them work. if it's a file i have to open, i CAN'T SEE IT.

is it..this is just a thought, mind you, but is it at ALL possible that AVG is interfering? cuz now that i think about it, that's about the time it went kaflooey...when i dl'ed avg. is there a setting i've missed..have wrong..whatever? HELP!!!

thanx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

do you have any ad-ware or virus scan program? the reason i am asking is because they may block it. if the link is from the Internet usually they will tell you what program it plays on.

#3 nmdamgud

nmdamgud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:30 AM

i believe i mentioned that i have avg anti-virus, and that it was around the time i dl'ed the avg that the trouble started with media player.

and, yes, they DO tell me what program to use...or, they'll give a choice, just check the box. as i stated, it doesn't matter WHAT i use...none of them work.

if it is the avg blocking media player, what do i do to UNBLOCK it?

thanx!

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hi nmdamgud

Its not likely your AVG blocking anything or you would be getting an alert of some kind. What is the extension of the file you are trying to play?

Its more likely you don't have the proper codec installed. Try downloading Gspot Codec Information Appliance. This little program will tell you if the file is corrupted or which codecs you need to play it and which codecs you already have. Be careful downloading codecs cause they are rife with malware if you get them from the wrong place. If you find you need some further codecs then post back with the results from Gspot and we'll help you find some good ones that are safe to download.

If this is a link that you click to get the video your firewall may be blocking it. Check the permissions in your firewall. Go into the options or preferences of your media players and find the area about firewalls and set it up in there. Alternatively you can right click the link, click save as and save to your hard drive and play it from there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users