Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 Tabs Disappeared?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tindalltribe

tindalltribe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

2 days ago I noticed that the tabs were disabled in IE7. In the options tabs are enabled. I have no clue what got in and goofed this up. Yesterday I removed IE7. I then ran windows update which installed it again. All with the same issue. I have made a couple of screen shots and can run Hijack this if you want to see its log. Just let me know. I found spycatcher on my machine yesterday and think I killed it with Spybot and Ad-aware. I also ran AVG. It found a couple of bugs which it killed. I have a novice's ability to work with my registry if you can give me the steps to follow.

I guess I won't be able to upload the screen shots.

Mike

{Edited out HJT Log~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 14 February 2008 - 12:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tindalltribe

tindalltribe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

It was fixed using system restore, then I un-installed IE7 and reinstalled.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hello tindalltribe, welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Thank you for letting us know you resolved the tab issue.
Do you still want someone to review your hijack this log?
If so, it will be moved to the appropriate forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users