Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Get My Site To Load....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tmparsley

tmparsley

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

Does anybody have any idea why my site won't load? I can't get the main media object to load.
It runs perfect using the files on my computer.

This is the link:

http://www.pointofviewprints.com/test/index.html

and this is the code:

<table width="750" height="318" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#111111">  <tr>    <td><object style="WIDTH: 750px; HEIGHT: 700px;" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0">      <param name="movie" value="template.swf"/>      <param name="quality" value="high"/>      <embed style="WIDTH: 750px; HEIGHT: 700px;" src="http://www.pointofviewprints.com/test/template.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>    </object></td>  </tr></table>

Also all the files are placed properly on the server... within the same test directory... I have even tried it putting all files in the main / root directory too and that won't work either.

Thanks for your help!
Tina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

Your param tags are not closed properly, neither is your meta tag. I'm not sure if that is the problem, but it is a place to start.

#3 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

I suggest you to use Macromedia Dreamweaver to design your web. It's pretty hard to recognize where the error is. Because man often uses "drag and drop" to design web and therefore is not familiar with code.

Posted Image

#4 tmparsley

tmparsley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

I think i'm all set, we tested it on a different server and it works there, so i'm working with the host to see what the issue is.

Thanks for your help

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

I suggest you to use Macromedia Dreamweaver to design your web. It's pretty hard to recognize where the error is. Because man often uses "drag and drop" to design web and therefore is not familiar with code.

Why? I looked at the source and found three errors in about 5 seconds. What man are you referring to? Maybe you are not familiar with code, but I am, so I am not sure what you are trying to say.

You should still clean up the code issues. :thumbsup:

#6 tmparsley

tmparsley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

thankyou groovicus,

He almost scared me away, because i am by far a pro when it comes to building sites or working with computers. That's why I love bleepingcomputer, because you guys have saved my butt a couple of times.

I will correct that cod :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users