Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot log into online sites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gards

Gards

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

G'day
Im having the same problem with my computer and can not log into a number of things such as:
Yahoo
Facebook
MSN Messenger
Netbank

I have tried everything in this forum and still have the problem so can someone please help.

The problem occured when i moved house and when i set the computer up again it connected to the internet but just simply would not sign into anything. My computer is on a network with 2 other computers on broadband and the other computers work fine.
Please help it is becoming very frustrating
regards Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

What browser, OS, security (firewall and anti-virus) are you using?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

Topic split from another thread to get it the attention that it deserves.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

Yahoo <-- Is that Yahoo or Yahoo Messenger?
Facebook
MSN Messenger
Netbank

If you can not login to a web services, that mean you've lost your password. If you can't not login to a client program. For example, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, then check out your proxy settings. For example, Yahoo Messenger takes automatically the proxy settings from IE. When this proxy doesn't work, then you can not login to your account.

Posted Image

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Rongchaua, it may not be a case of a lost password preventing Gards from logging into certain sites.
There are many other causes that may prevent a log in.
We really can't troubleshoot the issue with Gards until he/she provides more information.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 February 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#6 Gards

Gards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

Sorry i have not replied sooner iv had no internet the last couple of days.
I'm using internet explorer 7 on windows xp home edition. I have windows firewall on and my anti virus program is Avast anti-virus.
I cant log into Yahoo e mail and i am positive i am putting in the right passwords and even on some sites it wont even go to the page where i get to put the password in such as netbank yet all other normal web pages work.
It is strange because my computer was working fine until i moved to a new house with a different network. My old network was on a belkin modem and the new one is a D-link.
The error that comes up when i try to sign into msn messenger is error 80048820. Also it is everything to do with net mesenger like i cant sigh into Hotmail,msn live and messenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users