Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

System Always Freezing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ner01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:39 AM

please help!

After logging on, my sysytem always hangs up or freezing before I start any program and aplication. Several system restore atempts can't help. My problem begins when my brother handed me a second hand hard disk and I replced the old one (not yet defective) with that one. I started to format it as preparation to new OS installation only to find out that is defective. An error messages appears indicating that the device is totally defective. So I decided to use again the old one that is working and everything seems fine but after a few minutes after logging on, my system always freeze. Restarting my computer doesn't help. I m using a pentium 4 computer with 512 Mb of Ram and 40 GB hard disk space. thank you. any help shall be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,020 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

Specifics of error messages...are always more useful than the Cliffnotes versions some users supply.

As for your system freezing, you might want to try using Event Viewer to get clues about why it's freezing.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

You may also want to adjust this: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

#3 ner01

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

A million thanks to you hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users