the vundo had several effects:
-error messages (such as the above)
-2 fake icons
-loads of pos*.tmp files in my documents and c drive
-new .dll files
I have taken preliminary steps, such as using vundofix, which allowed me to delete the majority of the .dll files, after which I managed to clear the first 3 problems as stated above. However, the first time I used vundofix, the symptoms came back.
I was unable to remove 2 files, gebccya.dll and vtutr.dll, and also now receive an error message of a missing .dll which vundofix removed (luoutjd.dll)
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the hijackthis log forum ><
Edited by hawk1, 12 February 2008 - 05:37 AM.