Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msconfig Will Not Run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tapuck

tapuck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

There are several fixes listed out there for this but none of them work for me.

In short, msconfig will not run. Either from the "run" command or by following the path c:/windows/pchealth/...whatever.

I have ran many malware scans and they all come up clean.

I have a HJT file, if someone would like to look at it. Should I email or post it here?

On a side note, Itunes wont work either. I click the icon, nothing happens. Probably related?

Many TIAs
Todd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

Hmmm...msconfig wont run from RUN and manually double clicked from the source? What doe the error say? It might be the file is corrupted or worst you've had been cleansed wrongly after "runauto.." virus infection.
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

#3 tapuck

tapuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

There is no error message. It simply fails to launch. The hard drive clicks away for a second and then, sadly, nothing. All other programs (except iTunes) operate normally.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users