Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keybaord problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josh05

josh05

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

hi there
I have this keyboards that I got to clean for someone.I opened them and cleaned all the keys but apon closing them they no longer works even after rebooting countless times.What could have happened, are they dead or what?
They are compaq's keyboards. I'm one confused guy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:30 PM

Tell me more about the keyboards? Did you just take the outer shell apart and dust around the parts that let the keys peek through, or did you open the "guts" of the keyboard and see the actual areas the keys contact? Did you spray anything inside the inner part?

Depending on what you did, or what you used to clean your keyboard, you may have damaged it beyond repair. Also depending on the type of keyboard you have, it could be a headache to get everything back into place. There maybe something against the inside membrane that is shorting making the keyboard think you have multiple stuck keys.

As far as keyboards go, I would never open one unless it is a last resort. Use a cloth, lightly dampened with a MILD cleaner to clean the keycaps. It you have a sticking key... pick the keyboard up... letters facing you... and tap the keyboard downward on a hard surface like a desktop. (use common sense for force needed and protect your keyboard and desk) That will send bits of trash to the bottom/front of the keyboard and out of the way of your keys.

relatively speaking... keyboards are inexpensive if you toast one. Pick up a new one at your favorite computer store.

Good luck

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users