Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 parrotplay

parrotplay

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:54 AM

:huh: I need help with Windows Mail that is now on my new computer, with Vista Home Premium. I used to have XP, all I did was type a document in Word, click send and I went to my email account I was using. Now it seems I have to set up some type of Windows Mail account and somehow tie it in with my Yahoo e-mail account, which is the one I am currently using or I can't email from links, or from Vistas word processor (which looks like Word in XP but won't email a document). I am asked what type of email servers used for ingoing and outgoing mail, if I use POP3, IMAP, HTTP (which is not even supported)...an SMTP server name and other things I have absolutely never been asked for before or have a clue to what these things are. I went to Yahoo, they told me I should not have to know any of the servers information.

Can you please help me with this? I cannot respond to things like from Craigs List or send a document to anyone I have typed. I really am confused, have went to help, got more confused. So now I am here, confused.

Thank you for any help with this. I am just no computer expert, but really feel worse not being able to just figure this seemingly simple thing out. I wish I never was pushed into Vista, XP was problematic at times, but at least I could do what I needed to do.

Thanx so much...parrotplay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hopefully, this tutorial will help:

http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail

Edited by Jacee, 11 February 2008 - 11:44 AM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users