Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers Have Background Buzz

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nooodle

Nooodle

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

I just bought some usb powered speakers because my new motherboards speakers output will only play at a whisper, well the speakers seem to work fine but there is this annoying buzz in the background that gets louder if I turn it up, it seems louder when a web page or another program is running. not sure what the problem is.
Posted Image

My name is Nooodle and I approve this message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

You sure the connection to the PC is in the right slot (green) and in all the way?

Sounds (no pun intended) like a poor connection to me.

I suggest trying the speakers on something else (.mp3 player, etc.) to see if the speakers are the problem. I would also try a set of headphones on the connection which you plug the speakers into on the system.

That should help define the problem.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Is this a laptop or desktop? The first thing to do is check the sound drivers and reload or update them. Is the hum present when playing music or when not in use but the volume control isn't muted? It could also be a bad connection as Louis indicated
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

speaker connection is fine that was my first choice also, and I just installed motherboard and installed drivers for it and there are no more updates for it
Posted Image

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

Well...that doesn't say much about the speakers themselves.

Louis

#6 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

well the speakers arnt top price audio equipment but the still shouldnt buzz, I wouldnt think the speakers would make a sound at all if there were no sound going to them to amplify. I tried the speakers on another computer and there is no static or "buzz"on them there.

Edited by Nooodle, 11 February 2008 - 08:06 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:36 AM

Other reasons speakers buzz is EMI or dirty power. You haven't looped the power cord or have something else near causing EMI?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#8 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:24 AM

This sometimes happens when your microphone is enabled on full volume even when there is no microphone plugged in. Try this; go to Volume Control and mute the microphone, then tell us if the problem still persists. :thumbsup:

#9 Nooodle

Nooodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

no muteing it didnt work but the buzz goes away for a split second when I open or close a web page, I tried moveing the speakers around thinking them being too close to the monitors was causeing it but that didnt help either.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users