Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows ME - help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 masono

masono

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 06:09 AM

Hi There, :inlove:

I would appreciate any help or support you could offer in restoring my compaq deskpro running 2000ME. This was given to me some time back without any discs etc. It ran well but i think picked up a bug and died. :thumbsup: Now the message reads error loading explorer.exe. you must reinstall windows. It is a second machine and therefore this is not urgent but i would like if poss to restore it without expense!!!

My ist machine runs windows xp pro and i wondered if i could download any boot discs or something which would restore?? i guess that question identifies the fact that i am a computer novice, but you guys helped so much with probs with the xp that i thought no harm to ask. :flowers: :trumpet:

thanks in the hope,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

Send you model number and I will see if I can find the restore disks online for you. If I find them I will send you the link .

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 masono

masono
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hi Acklan, :thumbsup:

Where will i find the model number?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

It should be on the case with the SN . It maybe EN or AP400 ...or something like that .

#5 masono

masono
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:05 AM

hi Acklan, :thumbsup:
Appreciate your time. dont know what SN is but on the outside it says Compaq DEskproC333/4.3uk. Is that what u want? I can get into safe mode if something in there will tell u something?? I bought a repair disc on ebay which allegedly does everything except your washing but i dont know what all this jargon means.

thnks for your help
:flowers:

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:46 AM

Hi
Sorry but from what I can gather the machine came with either 98 or ME . neither if which are support any longer according to the Compaq/HP website . I believe your choices are OEM 98*Grinler or maybe Windows NT4 . From what I gathered about your computer it is a Celeron 333mhz . I'll keep looking for info and let you know what I find . Good luck .

acklan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users