Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless N Usb Adapter Keeps Asking To Be Installed.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raidencmc

raidencmc

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

I have a friend who has a d link wireless router. They had trouble getting it up and running and went to see what I could do. I ended up resetting everything and installed everything as if it had never been installed before. After I set it up it worked fine. I rebooted the laptop and it worked great. Disconnected the USB wireless adapter and reconnected it and it still worked. After leaving I got a call and what had happened was after the adapter was disconnected and reconnected it would not connect. When they connected the adapter it acted like it was the first time it had been connected and ran the wizard that searches for drivers. I am going over tomorrow to take a look. What info do you need to help me out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:25 AM

If you are saying that you employed the same procedures...that your friend is alleged to have employed...and the results are totally diametrical...I would say that it's user error.

Second guess: Failing hardware, it happens. I would take a 2d adapter to check it out.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users