Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error code trust easy web scan 19200

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cannybody22

cannybody22

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:14 AM

I have a trust easy web scan device item no 12388-02.
At intermittent intervals when I connect to the internet I get the message USB Scan Device IO Control 0 error code.
DioErrorCode = 0x000000079.
I have checked with Driver update wizard which tells me that I have the most up to date version.
I have checked the scanner on the computer and it tells me that it is O.K.
What do I do next as when the message appears it stops me doing anything else until I click the x to remove the message.
As this message must have appeared about a couple of hundred times is it doing any harm to my computer simply to click it off every time?
I would appreciate any advice.
Cannybody22 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:15 PM

I can not find any info at all about that error code. Clicking the X should prob not be aproblem though

#3 cannybody22

cannybody22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:32 AM

If anyone is reading this still I discovered the problem(silly me).
It was very simple although I thought I had removed the original driver before installing the new one ,I hadn't.
Since I removed the original driver all is O.K.again.
The error message I was getting appears to have had little to do with the actual problem and I am more than pleased that I didn,t do what was shown on Microsoft site which involved some fiddling about which was probably beyond me.
Anyway for what it is worth there we are.
I originally installed the new driver because I was unable to acces twain with the old one.
This may be relevant to a more recent question asked in this subject.
Cannybody22.

I don't know where I'm going till I get there.

#4 volrider

volrider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

I am getting the identical problem however I have not touched my USB scanner for a while now since it broke :thumbsup:
Anyclues where to look next??

Edited by volrider, 09 April 2005 - 09:57 AM.

#5 cannybody22

cannybody22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:59 AM

My scanner stopped working some months ago before I started getting the error messages I mention in the previous post.
Various experts tried to get it going again without succes and the people who sold it to me suggested formatting the hard disc of my computer which I politely declined.
I contacted the manufacturer who suggested that I uninstall and re install using a different usb port.If that didn't work it could be a compatibility problem with my printer which is an Epson 62 so uninstall both and reinstall the scanner first and this might cure it.
This appeared to work and the scanner stared working again but with the error messages mentioned previously.However it is necessary to uninstall all previous drivers before re installing and the error messages lagely dis appear.
For some time I was unable to E-Mail scans but this was cured by subscribing to the paid for version of Yahoo.
Incidentally Trust , my scanner manufacturer, at one point told me there was a known compatability problem with Service pack2 but have not answered any of my further e.mails.At the time there was the sugestion that they were working on a new driver.
Hope this is helpfull
Cannybody22

#6 volrider

volrider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:30 AM

Fascinating that your scanner failed just like mine and then you had the same error message as me, I guess the only difference is that my scanner is an Astra Slim SE however they probably share the same "guts" I will try a new driver as I have SP2 as well. Thanks for your help on this I will let you know how it goes :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users