Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Webcam For Macintosh 10.3.9 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beltway

Beltway

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

There are a lot of options but Logitech has the much higher pixels where as buying an isight through ebay is going to be at least as pricey. Which of those logitech cams would be compatible with 10.3.9. Gearhead is being sold at Fry's electronics but I can't find any reviews on them positive or negative, but I have already decided to avoid many others because of many bad reviews across the net. Logitech doesn't support Mac and you wont' get all the bells and whistles if you use it with the mac, but what this person will need is just the basics, full skype compatibility and the best picture they can get, which, from my understanding, would be logitech....but which logitech cam?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beltway

Beltway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

Just to answer my own question for others surfing the net for an answer, the Rocketfish camera works really well according to the friend I was searching for. I think a lot of the complaints about Rocketfish I read were from people that weren't downloading the IChat USB cam and setting up Skype properly with it.

#3 bontendre

bontendre

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

I have this same operating system and bought this webcam and not having luck. Beltway could ask your friend for any advice??? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users