Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AND SO....I BID YOU ADIEU

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_screwworm_*

Guest_screwworm_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:57 AM

I can see where many on this site gets effective help. I have not been one of them. Of course, there's a old saying that you get what you pay for....and since the help is free I have no basis to complain. But I do have to face reality...which is that I will be forced to play my wild card to fix my computer. This is to run the restore CD(supplied by mfg) which will result in everything being wiped out and the settings on computer being set back to basic settings at time I purchased in 1998.

I had thought since I only had that one problem, someone could provide me with a means to fix it. But, alas, no solution offered. And, the last "hijack this" log I had posted was deleted. Anyway, I, personally, do feel disappointed. Oh well, perhaps there is another site with more active help assistance.

So, goodbye yall. Heres hoping you get a fix for your computers.

Screwworm
Garland, Texas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:20 AM

That is very sad....................BUT I guess patience is a virtue.:thumbsup:

Personally after many months of deep frustration it was ONLY BC that talked any sense and helped me right the wrongs.

Good Luck
:flowers:

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:47 AM

I have just gone back through all of your posts. I'm sorry you think the help here is selective and that we were unable to assist you. It was not by lack of intent or interest or capability. It is your choice to find another forum site to address your issues. The option to use your recovery CD's has always been there. I am not saying that doing so is a thrill or a picnic. Most of us have the same or similar resources as you do. We helped as best we could. I am one of the Moderators here and I looked back for a second HJT log and didn't see one. Nor do I see any evidence that one had been removed or deleted. Your first log was clean. The problems you are experiencing didn't appear on the log and a second log will have the same result, most likely. There will always be an incident or two where some things can't be fixed, paid or free, unless you do a total recovery. We have all had to do one or two in our time. There are computer techs out there who would love to see your computer for a very large fee. They may be able to fix things, I don't know. They may suggest you update Win98. They may suggest you replace your HD or motherboard, or your fan, or add RAM or 'horsepower'. Our help here is free and unbiased. We don't try to sell you anything you don't need. We have nothing to gain here but your satisfaction. There are several other computer help forums out there. We've checked them all. We've even been members at other sites. Hands down, this is the ONLY site with friendly, caring people. If you think you were unhappy here, try another one. I won't name particular sites but I know of one where people have posted their HJT logs and 2-3 months later, are STILL waiting for help. I saw a forum just last week where someone was desperate for help and posted their log. Several days later, the reply was, "just delete all the things you aren't familiar with". Can you imagine that? That is absolutely insane! But that is not us. We actually care here. Anyway, you bid us adieu and nothing will change that. Good luck in your search for answers. I do hope you find them.

#4 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

I second the comment from SaxonManFinland. I came to BC with a messed-up Compaq (and I had done the messing). The good folks here took me by the hand and spent many hours helping me through the jungle of a full system restore. I posted dozens of whines, weird questions, silly ideas, and never once heard a complaint....just encouragement.

My wise mother used to say "There's just no pleasing some folks". I wish screwworm the best and hope he quickly finds a fix for the problem..
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

I am sorry that you did not find your experience at Bleeping Computer a satisfying one.

I wish you well.

Good luck in the future. :thumbsup:

~Scarlett
Posted Image

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:12 PM

screwworm

Perhaps you will find a better site. Its unfortunate that we weren't able to communicate effectively enough to help you out. If you do find another site you want to go to with your computer problems I would suggest you listen to the suggestions made and effectively answer any questions asked without trying to make any radical modifications on your own accord.

Bleeping Computer has a fantastic track record in helping people satisfactorily correct their problems but every now and then I guess one will fall through the cracks.

Goodbye screwworm and good luck.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users