Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware of sort

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valtiel

Valtiel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Sorry for reviving this topic, I just found it while looking through the internet for solution. Please forgive me.

It seems that I'm infected with a similar malware of sort on my other computer and I need help fixing it. I tried system restore but it says the only good restore point is, from my guess, when the computer got infected and I can't move to previous month or anything before that.

I'm just wondering if anyone willing to help me out in providing me an alternative solution. I don't think I have my Window XP installation CD, if I do it is probably hidden somewhere in my room so I'll try looking for it. So I hope you guys can help me.

Many thanks.

{Mod Edit: Split away to new topic,PM~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 10 February 2008 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hello Valtiel and welcome to BC :flowers:

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

Do you have any security programs on your computer, if so what are they?

Have you run any of them, if so, can you post the logs please?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Valtiel

Valtiel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

MOD EDIT: Merged topics and posts ~ stevealmighty

Oh, I am terribly sorry that I just made a new topic. I didn't know my post was moved and I post most of the information I know on this page.

I run on Window XP and I have Avast but nothing shows up.

It seems like my post on the other topic has been deleted so I'm take it that was me reviving that old topic so I'm making my own topic.

My other computer has been infected by this virus of sort yesterday and I can't open any folders and this two new shortcut icons showed up and I can't seem to delete them, they're called 'Help and Support Centre' and 'Windows Update' which say it is linked to a site called storageprotector.com if I right-click, Properties on them. These two icons keep coming back after I put them in the Recycle Bin and now they just refuse to go into it.

Whenever I restart my computer, this error message shows up twice and I have the slightest clue what it means:
During a scan of files at system startup, potential errors in the system registry were found> p-07-0100 irql: 1f SYSver 0xff00024. NT_KERNEL error 1256 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I tried System Restore but the only possible restore date is after I got the virus; seeing as I restored it and I'm still having problems. Avast didn't detect anything, I can't find my Windows Installation CD and I found this page which seems too complicated for me... so I don't know what else to do.

Please help me.

Edited by stevealmighty, 10 February 2008 - 05:42 PM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

Hello Valtiel,

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users